As the hockey season starts for players trying out for the Rebels U13 program tomorrow and the confusion around provincial mandates and Hockey Manitoba Return to play we would like to clarify a few points:
- It is mandatory that anyone coaches, team personal and spectators over the age of 18 to be fully vaccinated.
- Please refer to Hockey Manitoba Return to Play https://www.hockeymanitoba.ca/return-to-play/
Rebels Check-In Procedure (1st Round)
- Players are to arrive through players entrance 50min prior to Start time to check-in and receive Jersey and Dressing Room assignment. (Jerseys are to be returned following Saturday Skate. Any Jersey not received will result in a $40 charge)
- At this time, we are only allowing 1 parent per participant for the 1st round, there are no exceptions. Parents can enter through the players entrance 15 minutes prior to participant ice time where they will need to show proof of double vaccination and ID to gain entry into the facility.
- There is no re-entry, if you leave the facility the doors will be locked, and you will not gain re-entry.
- There is no entry from any other entrance in the building and anyone caught allowing people in through another entrance will be asked to leave and will be suspended.
- The doors will be locked 5 minutes after start of ice time and entry will not be granted after that time.
Please see note from Selkirk Rec Complex regarding Rules
As of September 3rd, there will be new public health orders that will affect our facility users. We wanted to communicate these orders to ensure that everyone is compliant for the safety of our staff, participants and spectators. User groups will be responsible to ensure compliancy and our staff will be monitoring and working with groups.
Anyone entering our facility must wear a mask unless eating or drinking or on the field of play.
- User groups must enter through the Player’s Entrance doors and move directly to their assigned dressing room. There will be dedicated exits on each side of the building. The closest exit to your dressing room should be used.
- Anyone over the age of 18 must be double vaccinated to enter the facility. User groups will be responsible to ensure that parents, coaches, officials and other spectators during their timeslot are double vaccinated.
- Any visitors entering the facility must go directly to their seat or be moving continuously between service areas such as the washroom or canteen area. No congregating in common areas or in the hallway.
- All visitors must sanitize their hands upon entry.
We ask that all parents respect the rules and respect all the volunteers at the vaccine checkpoint. The Rebels AA program first and foremost priority is ensuring the safety of all participants and members and want to ensure we can have a full hockey season. Rebels AA is following Hockey Manitoba and provincial mandates to accomplish this. Any refusal to produce information will result is removal from facility and an immediate suspension for any Rebels AA programs and events. We ask everyone to act in a respectful manner.
Tryouts Process First Round
All Players Receive 3 hours Minimum
- First Release is after 3rd skate on Sat Sept 11th and will be sent via e-mail.
- Groups and Times are posted - https://www.rebelsaahockey.ca/news_article/show/1182395
- The Rebels AA program puts into 2 teams of 15 skaters and 2 goalies.
- If released from Rebels AA you must report to your local area "A" Evaluations.
- There is no feedback given after 1st round, players are ranked, and players are kept based on evaluators rankings.
- All first-round rankings are done by non-parent evaluators and results cannot be challenged.
- Coaches for our Rebels AA 13U program will be decided in the 2nd round of evaluations.
Rebels AA Hockey